Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Show up

Posted by Melissa
April is coming to a close and I am happy to share I found the time to create two macramé pieces.  One is currently hanging in my front window and the other is on the wall in my living room.  Having grown up in the 70's, I always wondered why I had a dark and vaguely negative notion about that decade.  It was like I rejected all the Saturday Night Fever and 8-track tapes of my childhood because I had fallen so hard core for the Bel-Biv-Devoe, Big Daddy Kane and waiting-like-a-statue-to-catch-just-the-right-second-of-each-song-from-the-radio-to-create-my-mix-tape of my adolescence.
This month of diving into macramé has brought a light to the darkness that inhabited my memory of the 70's.  Now, when I walk through my living room and I catch the unmistakable 70's vibe, I feel good.  Not only do I feel good, I love it.  I love it because I created it.  And I have also noticed this month, other things around my home that I have created, all due to jumping into this blog.  I have paintings I created, a headboard, a garden, a whole new mind and body. 
The piece I created as my wall hanging isn't exactly what I had envisioned.  And that's totally ok.  I can always make a new one.  Because even if it is like my kitchen wall moment, that too eventually faded into something more relevant and beautiful...the fact is that I did it.  And like yoga, (it always all comes back to yoga) sometimes it just matters that you show up.  Even when it's not perfect.

2 comments:

BruceDavis said...

I have to show my thanks to this writer for rescuing me from this matter. Because of researching through the the web and coming across concepts which were not pleasant, I thought my life was well over. Existing minus the approaches to the difficulties you have sorted out through your good article is a crucial case, as well as ones which might have in a wrong way affected my career if I had not discovered your web blog. The competence and kindness in touching all areas was tremendous. I am not sure what I would've done if I hadn't come upon such a solution like this. I can also at this point relish my future. Thanks so much for the reliable and effective guide. I will not hesitate to propose your web sites to any individual who would need guidance on this situation.giftware online shop

Chyna Reinger said...

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next! wholesale wall art australia