Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Artist at work

Posted by Melissa 
We finally started doing macramé.  And I love it!  Have been listening to rap music and doing macramé for the past 24 hours.  Life is good.
 Amy's son, Japhy, loves to run through the hanging cord and grab it and mess it all up.  It's fun to see him enjoying our craft, but when I am ready to start tying knots, I simply say to him, "Artist at work," and he leaves my cords to me.

I decided to not use a pattern and to just go free-form.  It's a bit unsettling.  Sometimes I step back and I love what I see...the fluidity, the lack of structure.  Then all of a sudden, I hate it and I want it to be perfect.  I keep thinking it seems incoherent. 

Most of all though, I do feel like an artist.  I feel like I am creating in a whole new way.  It is inspiring on may levels and I am so happy to be experiencing macramé.  Finally. 

1 comment:

kristinahojholt said...

I have to point out my affection for your generosity supporting folks who require guidance on this one study. Your real commitment to passing the message all-around appeared to be quite powerful and has consistently enabled women much like me to achieve their objectives. Your amazing insightful report signifies a lot to me and extremely more to my fellow workers. Many thanks; from all of us.
driftwood decor australia