Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Slow Cooker Pork Roast

Posted by Melissa Baumgart
I found my old crock pot underneath my counter cupboard.  I really need to organize that area.  After purchasing a pork loin roast at the co-op, I decided to throw it in the slow cooker overnight and see what happened.

I added in two celery stalks (minced), half of a yellow onion (minced), two chunks of fresh ginger (whole), and three garlic cloves (peeled and crushed).  After dumping in the pork, I covered it with 12 oz. of orange juice and about 8 oz. of water.  I finished it off with 2 Tbsp of chili powder and a few squirts of Bragg's liquid aminos.

This morning, the pork all fell apart without any effort and it tastes amazing!  Now, I just need to make a crunchy slaw and it'll be the perfect lunch.

No comments: